Grow Salvia divinorum Salvia divinorum information Salvia divinorum legal status law Salvia divinorum images gallery Salvia divinorum cultivation growing community Salvia divinorum forum Shop to live Salvia divinorum plants, extracts
SalviaSource.org Forums - Salvia divinorum cultivation community
March 29, 2015, 10:36:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Your Ad Here

FORUM HOME   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Babylove's homemade recipe for vitamin enriched bone meal!  (Read 5119 times)
Babylove Woodrose
Super Gardener

Expertise 71

« on: September 27, 2011, 09:57:24 PM »

Hi all, thought I would share a homemade recipe for making bone meal.

Preperation time: 20 minutes
Processing time: ~30 minutes.

Ok, so you have just had yourself a nice meal of chicken and have a shitload of bones left over! You want to feed them to your pets but were told you could not. You would like to use them to give to your plants but it is not efficient or easy to powder!
You were told you could not make bone meal at home easily and with little cost....hogwash!

Here goes:

* Place your chicken bones (picked clean, 2 chickens worth...or porc ribs) in a pressure cooker.
* Add 1/4 cup of water
* Add 1/4 cup of Apple cider vinegar
* pressure cook for ~ 20-30 minutes.
* let it cool down
* open the pressure cooker and test the bones by pressing between your fingers, they should come apart easily, turning into mush.
* let dry in the sun or in the over
* process in a coffee grinder
* feed to the plants or mix in 10:1 with your potting soil!
* great way to process before putting into compost pile! will reduce bone in no time, giving you a POWERFUL source of P, an expensive fertilizer

Vitamins of the ACV will enrich the bones Cheesy you have yourself a superior product made with scraps! Also great to feed your pets if you fear they will injure themselves on chicken bones.

* this tech can be used with pig bones and beef bones, you need to adjust cook time based on the hardness of the bones. Most effective for pig and chicken.
Lucas
Look! Up in the Sky! It's a Bird...It's a Plane... It's...
Super Gardener

Expertise 61

There's that smell again...

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 10:15:17 PM »

Thanks. Good job and informative. That's worth and Expertise [ Genius + ] Point...

Thoughts become things. Choose good ones.
Babylove Woodrose
Super Gardener

Expertise 71

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 10:22:37 PM »

Thanks....and I know Lucas will love this one too  Grin my dogs go mental when I feed them the bone meal!
I was always worried that my dogs would eat the toxic bone meal that they produce, this way, no harm! Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: