Grow Salvia divinorum Salvia divinorum information Salvia divinorum legal status law Salvia divinorum images gallery Salvia divinorum cultivation growing community Salvia divinorum forum Shop to live Salvia divinorum plants, extracts
SalviaSource.org Forums - Salvia divinorum cultivation community
March 29, 2015, 10:30:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Your Ad Here

FORUM HOME   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: farmboy's soil mix  (Read 5660 times)
farmboy
Cultivation Contributor

Expertise 32

« on: July 09, 2010, 01:22:46 PM »

I searched around alot and found the Fox Farms products to be IMO the best on the market.

The ocean forrest, in the green bag, is composed of:composted forrest humus,peat moss,fish emulsion,crab meal,shrimp meal,earthworm castings,
sandy loam,perlite,fossilized bat guano,granits dust,norwegian kelp meal, and oyster shell(for pH adjustment)

The light warrior is composed of:pet moss,perlite,earthworm castings,granite dust,humic acid(derived from leonardite),mycorrhizal and bacterial
inoculant, and oyster shell(for pH adjustment)   And it is just like it says, It's very light. A handfull of it weighs almost nothing. Light warrior is also used as a hydroponic medium.  It has 14 different kinds of mycorrhizae, and 5 different bacterial organisms.

The happy frog has:composted forrest humus,peat moss,perlite, earthworm castings,bat guano, humic acid,oyster shell, and dolomite lime(pH adjustment). It also hs the same mycorrhizae and bacterial content as the light warrior.

The miracle gro is forrest humus, perlite, and peat moss.
I mix one part of each together in a bucket, and toss in about a 1/2 part sand, and 1/2 part perlite. The perlite (I have found) isn't really necessary because of all the perlite thats already in the soils.

Plants growing in one,or a combination of these will grow good without much
fertilizer at all. 

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 01:27:50 PM by farmboy » Logged

Grissom
|if3
Gold donor

Expertise 33

Horticultural Terrorist

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 12:28:17 AM »

No need for fertilizer with that recipe man. Those soils all look fantastic, and I know that fox farm is by far the BEST soil you can buy. It aint cheap either. I love it man, you should go out and buy some mycorrhizal bacteria for the soils that don't contain any, omg, im envious. I love my bells potting soil because it's generic, but good. But your shit is like, PRIMO. You'll see how amazing your plants grow dude, you really will.

.liaverp ot thgir eht ,thgif ot thgir eht;\
,desoporp ton ,eerf eb dluohs modeerf;/
 .desopsid ro desoppo;\
.etah ton ,sdees wos;/
.ehcadaeh citehtnys ,tenalp cinagro;\
.senilediug lacilbib eurt eht era esehT;/
farmboy
Cultivation Contributor

Expertise 32

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 12:49:44 PM »

Yeah, my plants grow very well. I guess its the soil, and lots of love. Thier really not all that expensive tho.  A 2 cu. ft. bag of the happy frog, or the ocean Forrest is only $22.00 us dollars. Thats not much more than miracle gro. The light warrior IS expensive  tho.  1  cu. ft. is $18.00.

Its a small investment tho all things considering. You can fill ALOT of pots with all that. Sometimes I use a very cheap  $2.00 of potting soil as a "part" in the mix as well, just so it stretches a lil further.

Someone with only 3 or 4 plants could make a bag of the happy frog last a long time. 

Grissom
|if3
Gold donor

Expertise 33

Horticultural Terrorist

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 05:51:19 PM »

Yeah, fair enough, ~28 liters in a cubic foot, or 7.5 gallons per cubic foot. I know that because 107 liters is 3.8 cu ft, aka one large pale of peat moss.

.liaverp ot thgir eht ,thgif ot thgir eht;\
,desoporp ton ,eerf eb dluohs modeerf;/
 .desopsid ro desoppo;\
.etah ton ,sdees wos;/
.ehcadaeh citehtnys ,tenalp cinagro;\
.senilediug lacilbib eurt eht era esehT;/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: