Grow Salvia divinorum Salvia divinorum information Salvia divinorum legal status law Salvia divinorum images gallery Salvia divinorum cultivation growing community Salvia divinorum forum Donate to support Salvia Source
SalviaSource.org Forums - Salvia divinorum cultivation community
April 06, 2012, 05:30:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Your Ad Here

FORUM HOME   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: JARG shows pictures of how fast you can expect your Salvia divinorum to grow.  (Read 5017 times)
JustAnotherRegularGuy
Cultivation Contributor

Expertise 103

« on: September 12, 2008, 09:09:41 pm »

When I started growing Salvia divinorum I really didn't have a good idea of what growth to expect by certain dates. I want to share with you some examples of my plants and show you how long it took them to get to the size they are today. I think this will help others in getting an idea of how much space they will need and what to expect. Now not everyone is going to see the same growth speed, as your plants will depend on your specific growing conditions. But I feel my grow so far has been pretty average so I think these pictures will show a middle of the road growth speed.

This is one of my Hoffman & Wasson clones the day I planted it. This plant only receives Easterly direct sun through the window early in the morning then indirect sun the rest of the day.
Day 1 (In a 6" pot)

Day 33

Day 53 (And went to a bigger 10" pot)

Day 83

This is my newly planted Blosser the day I received it after a 3,000 mile trip from California. I pinched it after about 30 days and gave it a lot of artificial light. It is planted in an 8" pot. This one gets 18/6 Light from two 6500k color temp 4' tubes.
Day 1

Day 80 (I took the first clone on day 53)

These are some clones on the day I planted them and about 30 days later. These aren't the same plants but very typical results of what I get after a month. These were grown under two 4' fluorescent 6500k daylight deluxe tubes in a single fixture 18 hours of light a day.
Day 1 (The day it comes out of the bubbler after being in for 2 weeks)

And here is what they look like typically after 30 days

JARG
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 10:39:15 pm by JustAnotherRegularGuy » Logged
darkshadow
Advanced Explorer

Expertise 4

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 07:07:46 pm »

wow jarg what are you feeding that thing small rabbits?
JustAnotherRegularGuy
Cultivation Contributor

Expertise 103

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 07:22:15 pm »

Nope, the top picture is plain distilled water only. The bottom one was the same for about the first month of it's life. Then I started feeding it 1tsp 12-4-8 All purpose liquid Miracle Gro plant food per gallon of water with every watering. (about every 10 days or so). I let the soil dry out between waterings. I will probably start the top plant on the MG food next watering.

JARG
black8teen
Elder Explorer

Expertise 15

Closet Gardner

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 01:12:49 am »

I think the blosser day 1-80 drinks blood. . .

"Feed me Seymour!"

If anyone gets the movie quote  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 01:25:43 pm by black8teen » Logged

Rational thought in a nutshell: Thinking about what your thinking about while your thinking.
chrishna58
Explorer

Expertise 8

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 02:30:59 pm »

I really like how you are able to root cuttings with a very short stem. Then you end up with a very bushy plant (especially after pinching) without a lot of height. 
JustAnotherRegularGuy
Cultivation Contributor

Expertise 103

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 08:56:42 pm »

I've updated the original post with a few more pictures and my clones from day 1 until day 30. Enjoy!

JARG
dethheart
Elder Explorer

Expertise 31

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 06:09:16 pm »

hay jarg thanx alot for the help!!!!!!!! my plants ae growing small leafs on the bottom of the stems! Grin i am happy they are not dying

!

ChRiS !B!
nitelife
Cultivation Contributor

Expertise 108

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 10:03:48 pm »

what % humidity are you growing your plants in?
JustAnotherRegularGuy
Cultivation Contributor

Expertise 103

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 08:22:29 pm »

They just grow in ambient humidity. Usually it is between 40%-60% most of the time. Since the Spring is coming back around sometimes it gets to 80% for a day here and there lately. I am about to start another grow log with a window plant in ambient humidity again.

JARG
RationalGaze
Junior Explorer

Expertise 1

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 05:40:32 pm »

im using 1 fixture with 2 6500k bulbs for my 2 plants just wondering if it would be a good idea to upgrade to 2 fixtures with those bulbs
Hero4Evz
Super Gardener

Expertise 127

Global Mod - PM me if you need help with anything!

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 12:46:53 pm »

2 fixtures means more light obviously which isn't a bad thing unless you start burning your plants (flourescent tubes are difficult to do that with), but the idea between the different temperature bulbs is just to get a wider spectrum of light to your plants. There's no real need to invest in another fixture (unless you want to obviously), but if you want to widen your specturm of lighting just go out and get a 5500k bulb and switch it out with one of your 6500k bulbs. It's not neccessary and more just for your own preferance though.

Interested in a trade? Check out my list.
JustAnotherRegularGuy
Cultivation Contributor

Expertise 103

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 09:22:11 am »

And if you really want to get fancy you can add a lower spectrum of light in the apx 2500k range. I believe they are marketed as "warm white". But again as Hero said, not necessary.

JARG
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: