Grow Salvia divinorum Salvia divinorum information Salvia divinorum legal status law Salvia divinorum images gallery Salvia divinorum cultivation growing community Salvia divinorum forum Shop to live Salvia divinorum plants, extracts
SalviaSource.org Forums - Salvia divinorum cultivation community
March 29, 2015, 10:29:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Your Ad Here

FORUM HOME   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Care and Feeding of Quids  (Read 8725 times)
Tribal Elder

Expertise 168

« on: August 15, 2008, 05:20:19 PM »

Care and Feeding of Quids:

Upon receiving a stack of fresh leaves you should rinse both sides of each leaf off under warm running water and lightly brush with your fingertips to remove foreign material. Stack them on the sink edge with the petioles (stems) all pointing the same way.

When done rinsing: pick up the stack and shake as much water out of them as you can.

For short term storage (a few days): Place the stack on an uncovered plate in the vegetable crisper area at the bottom of your fridge - DO NOT FREEZE! Check for mold in the center of the stack daily: if they are dry enough when you put them in there they won't go moldy.

For long term Storage: Carefully devein the leaves of the petioles (That fat central stem of the leaf) and you'll wind up with a carefully stacked pile of (what I call) "Fillet of Salvia Leaf"
Spread out a large beach or bath towel and arrange the leaves fillets, close, but not touching each other, in a stripe laid up the middle half from nearly end to end. Then fold the outer 2 edge quarter strips of the towel Over the strip of leaves, in towards the center, where they meet. Finally: roll up the towel - and into the vegetable crisper of the fridge they go! DO NOT FREEZE!

You may now use them for quidding or tea at any time.

After several weeks to a month they will be thoroughly dried out and can be removed from the towel. Store these "Mummified Leaves" in a jar in a DARK Place. They are good 30+ years ... Steep in warm sweetened water to reconstitute 'fresh' leaf for quidding or tea. Crumble to smoke (Duh.).

(Thanks to Ichinen for the tip ... )
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 05:23:14 PM by Sea Mac » Logged
JustAnotherRegularGuy
Cultivation Contributor

Expertise 103

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 05:37:40 PM »

Nice guide, Genius +.  I am a little confused about how to lay the "fillets" on the towel though. Do you have a picture anywhere of an example? It's great to know how to store leaves for long term storage now that I will be harvesting leaves on a regular basis.

JARG
Paradoxic
The Creator
Cultivator

Expertise 113

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 05:13:06 PM »

Nice guide. Genius+

It would be sweet if you could add some pictures...I know you got some. (I'll give you more Genius Cool)
Tribal Elder

Expertise 168

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 01:05:14 AM »

I had a longer discussion with Ichinen about this. I had a LOT more details added and it makes it a LOT better procedure! I've never processed leaves like this before ...

This guide WILL be updated with the newer technique: and the next time I harvest some leaves for my own use I'll be sure to get photos!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: