Grow Salvia divinorum Salvia divinorum information Salvia divinorum legal status law Salvia divinorum images gallery Salvia divinorum cultivation growing community Salvia divinorum forum Shop to live Salvia divinorum plants, extracts
SalviaSource.org Forums - Salvia divinorum cultivation community
August 08, 2015, 02:22:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Your Ad Here

FORUM HOME   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will She Pull Through?  (Read 174 times)
SageMage

Expertise 0

« on: June 18, 2015, 05:33:24 PM »

Or should i cut my losses and start each major branch in it's own pot?
JCMMA
Explorer

Expertise 1

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 12:26:43 AM »

I think that she could manage that.

Anyways, I would try with one branch and if it survives I would do the second one. The mother plant will mostly die in that maneuver or maybe it grows branches from the root nodes but in any case that's what I would do! In my opinion, new cuttings grow faster upwards and maybe healthier than side branches.

You can let it still like it's now if you like, judging by her appearance she can survive like that!

Do as you wish but, again in my opinion, two new cuttings will grow faster and healthier! And more with those many nodes that they have!!! Root system will become splendid if you let three nodes or so to grow roots.

Keep us posted about your decision! Grin

Good luck!
SageMage

Expertise 0

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 05:42:16 PM »

I decided to remove as much brown as i could, and give her some time to stabilize

here's a close up of the stem
SageMage

Expertise 0

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 05:57:51 PM »

another view

hop you all enjoy the pics
SageMage

Expertise 0

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 06:07:34 PM »

So here is where i should have started this thread, with her coming home pictures. 
I saw her down at the farmers market, one of three plants.  she looked to be faring the worst.  so i knew i had to take her in.

Jupe
Super Gardener

Expertise 141

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 11:06:31 AM »

Looks Ok now!!!  Yours look like mine heres what Ive been doing wrong.....I think perhaps an overwatered soil, combined with the initial stress. Browing tips etc seem to happen with fluctuating humidity levels, but they will go away  (for whatever reason)

I tend to  water top much when I have a sick plant, and with a wet soil, it makes it worse.

Ive dumped stems in buckets of water for 4 months...no problem, rooted, grew ok....no rot..but it seems that soggy soils, and peatbased ones (almost all potting soils) can set up fungus that the plants hate.

I think free draining soils help this, you can water 10x per day and they wont rot.  Of course, if its hot, they fry.....so theres that balance.

The white light of your grow area looks great, reflected light is superior, keep away from direct window sun until winter, as that really crisps them.  Just get it CLOSE to direct sun....

I only do cuttings when there is no hope for the roots in the main plant, if the rot is coming up the stem.

and of course, ignore all advice from anyone, myself included, and do what makes the plant come back.

You really never know what turns them around.

good luck Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: